Have a Great new month of September 2015. Dress Sears ($5.00-Clearance), Cardigan thrifted, ($4.99) Shoes Marshalls Dept Store ($19.99)…. ..Love this dress :-)
Pleated Midi Dress Target brand Xhilaration, Black Cardigan thrifted, black tights Kohl’s, black shoes Cinderella Boutique. I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted some of my outfits. With school working on my Master’s degree, the boys, hubby, church and work I have been a pretty busy lady, but I will start posting more sooner.
Thx Have A Blessed Day :)
I love planning, organizing and having a place for everything and everything in it’s place. After much research I decided to go with the Filofax planner, I looked into the Erin Conrad, Franklin Covey, Kikki K and others but I liked this one the most. So I wanted to share this with you, I also purchased a laminator machine and this great bag, it’s really a weekender makeup bag but it works perfect.
As you know I have natural curly hair, I love it. I condition often and i don’t like putting any heat in my hair. But for new years day 2015, I wanted a change. I went to my local Dominican hair saloon and the girls were amazing. I learned a lot and I loved the final product, which was very inexpensive. I wanted to share ideas that you to can make your hair look fabulous in the comfort of your home. I added tips on straightening your hair and a great video I found, i don’t like long videos (LOL). Have a Happy New Year 2015….
How to straighten your hair at home;
*Many times I receive emails about all kind of things, topics and issues. Recently someone asked me this and I thought it was a good one to post. Living in a house with 3 boys, hubby included. Removing any type of stains has become an art for me. (LOL)*
How do you remove white deodorant stains from shirts?
There are a number of common household products which are effective in treating and removing underarm stains on your clothing which are caused by antiperspirants.
Check to see if you have one or all of these on your pantry shelves:
As with most stains that are water soluble, the first thing to do is to soak the stain with cold water and rub it between your fingers. If you can see that it is coming out, then you may launder it as usual. Sweat stains that are yellow and have a distinct odor need to be subjected to a little more effort than plain water. Tips To Remove Antiperspirant Stain:
We suggest diluting a half cup of ammonia with 4 cups of water and daubing the solution on the stain repeatedly until it is lightened or removed entirely. Take two aspirins … crush them and mix with a half cup of hot water. Pour directly on the stain and allow it to sit for a couple of hours.
Baking soda … add enough water to 1/4 cup of baking soda to form a runny paste. Apply directly to the stain and work it in. If the stain is particularly bad and smelly, let the baking soda paste remain on the garment for a couple of hours then brush it off.
Baking soda is very good for removing odors! Fresh or concentrated lemon juice … you may squeeze fresh lemon juice directly on the stain until it is quite wet, then add a spoonful of table salt. Rub between your fingers until the stain lifts. This also helps remove dark underarm stains on t-shirts and undershirts. If it is a bright sunny day, exposing the garment to the sun and allowing it to dry will enhance the stain removing power of the lemon juice.
another one for Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Moisten the perspiration stain with warm water then sprinkle liberally with meat tenderizer. Work it is and allow it to sit for several minutes, then launder as usual.
regular table or pickling salt is a miraculous ingredient in many things, including household cleaners. Use salted water to soak stained garments; mix with white vinegar for a very good stain remover.
mix a cup of white vinegar with 4 cups warm water. Dip stained garment in vinegar solution and scrub between your knuckles. If the stain is persistent, you may soak the entire garment in the vinegar solution for a couple of hours before running through a normal wash cycle. Check the fabric label to be sure it does not need to be dry cleaned.
Oxi-Clean … this is a wonderful product for eliminating many clothing stains. Follow manufacturers directions.
Borax … this is an old-time cleaning remedy that is still appropriate today – plus its a whole lot cheaper than some of the costly products on the supermarket shelves. Run warm water through the stain then sprinkle on a generous amount of Borax – don’t go crazy, but use enough so that you can see it like a good shake of salt on the stain. Rub it together with your fingers and then launder as usual.
19 genius concealer hacks every girl needs to know
Life-changing ways to cover pimples, under-eye circles, blemishes, and more.
1. If you use foundation, apply it first, and then apply your concealer. If you apply your foundation first, you’ll find that you don’t need to use as much concealer. If you apply concealer first, however, you’ll remove most of it while applying your foundation.
2. The most flattering way to apply concealer is to draw a triangle with the base under your eye and the point toward your cheek. This shape not only conceals dark circles, but it also instantly creates the illusion that your face is lifted. Think of it as holding a flashlight against your cheek, shining the light right underneath your eye, and drawing the focus upward.
3. To prevent your eye shadow from falling off your lid and settling in the creases, prime your eyelids first with a dab of concealer. If you can’t justify spending extra on eye shadow primer, a dab of concealer works just as well.
4. When concealing a pimple, first use a green concealer, then cover the area with a concealer that matches your skin tone perfectly. Cancel out a pimple’s redness by applying green concealer with a clean brush to only the pimple (not the skin around it) to avoid spreading the bacteria. Then, use a cotton swab to dab on a high-coverage liquid concealer that matches your skin tone to camouflage the pimple. Blend it into the surrounding skin and finish with setting powder.
5. If you have a pimple on your chest or back that you need to conceal, cover the trouble spots with a concealer that matches your skin tone exactly, and then top it with a translucent powder. Continue to alternate concealer and setting powder until the blemish is undetectable. The concealer will hide the blemish and the setting powder will prevent it from wearing off.
6. If you find yourself without concealer, place a small dot of liquid foundation on the area, wait a few minutes for the formula to set, and then lightly blend it out.The trick is to wait until the foundation dries and thickens a bit (it will eventually reach the consistency of concealer) before trying to blend it. If you blend it too soon, the foundation will be sheer and rub off, leaving you with very little coverage.
7. Use a concealer that’s slightly lighter than your skin tone to line three tiny sections of your eyes: the inner “V,” the middle section of your eyelid, and just below your brow bone. Lightly blend for instantly well-rested eyes and a highlight that looks natural. Great for days when you didn’t get enough sleep.
8. Dab an orange—or peach—colored concealer over dark under-eye circles with your ring finger. Your ring finger, which is your weakest, will apply just the right amount of pressure to blend in the concealer without pulling at your delicate eye skin, and the orange or peach tones will cancel out the blue shadows that your under-eye circles give off. Top the orange or peach formula with a cover-up that matches your skin.
10. Hide puffy eyes with a bit of eye cream, highlighter, and concealer. Mix products on the back of your hand. Then apply the mixture under your eyes, on the outside by your temples, and over your brow bone to brighten the area and hide puffiness.
11. After applying concealer, blot the area with a thin tissue to prevent the product from settling in the creases around your eyes. If your concealer tends too look cakey in the fine lines around your eyes midday, split a tissue into two layers, and use one of the sheets to remove excess oil.
13. Make your lipstick pop and prevent the color from bleeding by lining the outside of your lips with a fine-tip brush and a bit of concealer. You’ll be amazed at how sharp your lips will look afterward.
15. Reshape your lips by first covering them with concealer and then tracing just slightly outside your natural lip line with a lip liner pencil. Continue to fill in your lips with the pencil for a matte look or finish with a gloss. See Jessie James Decker demonstrate this trick.
16. Make your brows pop by lining them above and below with a concealer that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone. Then, blend in the cover-up with your fingertip, since the warmth of your finger will soften the formula and diffuse it more easily than a brush would.
17. Intensify your collarbone for a sexy nighttime look by shrugging your shoulders up, tracing the natural contours with a concealer two shades darker than your skin tone, and then highlighting them with concealer two shades lighter. Draw the lighter shade on the areas that protrude outward. Then, use the darker shade to fill in the sections that fall in the shadows. Use a damp blending sponge or a stippling brush to blend the shades together, eliminating any harsh lines.
19. Keep more than just one kind of concealer in your makeup bag.
Unless you were born with flawless skin (aka you’re Beyoncè), you’ll need to use different kinds of concealer for different areas of your face, depending on how much coverage you need.
(ORIGINAL INFORMATION ABOVE PROVIDED BY SEVENTEEN.COM)
Today I received my package from *Just Fab Shoes*, It’s the first time I’ve ordered from their website (www.justfab.com) They came in a brown box, inside was the actual shoe box, I received 2 catalogs and a bottle of 5 hour energy drink. The boots fit perfect and they look Fabulous. I payed a total of ($16.97 shipping and handling included) Since it was my first time ordering I could choose any shoes, boots or wedges for only ($10.00).
Given how quickly even expensive shoes can wear out, it can be difficult to justify spending a lot of money on them. But just because you are shopping on a budget doesn’t mean your shoes have to look cheap. The key is knowing what makes a shoe look cheap in the first place and realizing that what may look good on an expensive shoe doesn’t necessarily look good on one that is P500.
1. The platform is too high.
Unfortunately, the higher the platform, the cheaper-looking the shoe, especially in the case of a hidden platform, which often ends up looking more like a hoof with a high heel on the back than an actual shoe. Shoes without any platform tend to look the chicest and most sophisticated. They also tend to be super uncomfortable. If you want the look of a no-platform shoe without the discomfort, look for shoes where the platform is smaller than the actual sole of the shoe. That way it won’t be so obvious when viewed from above. If you can’t find a recessed platform that works for you, stick to shoes with smaller platforms—about half an inch or less—and in both cases, add a gel insole to the toe area for extra cushioning.
2. They don’t fit.
A bad fit not only looks awkward, it affects the way you walk and carry yourself.
No matter how gorgeous a shoe is, if the fit is not perfect, don’t buy them. Sure, you could stretch them out a little or add padding to make them more secure, but do you really want to go through all that? And what if it’s not enough? Now you’ve not only wasted your money, but also your time.
3. They’ve got way too much going on.
Embellishment is always tricky. Even expensive embellishment can look cheap if it is not done in just the right way. Resist the urge to blow all your money on some sort of wild statement shoe. When you see a really crazy shoe that you like, figure out what the one thing is that you like about it most, and then go online and find a shoe that showcases that attribute best. Choose a clean, classic shape in the color you like, instead of one with a bunch of extras all over it.
4. There are too many prints.
If you are into animal print, choose a shoe with one all-over print instead of a shoe that mixes a bunch of different textures and colors.
5. They are worn out.
There is nothing sophisticated about walking around with the metal shank sticking out of your heel because you have worn off the little black plastic heel nub. And if you notice a scuff or cut on your shoe, it’s safe to assume other people will notice too. Scuffs on suede can usually be buffed out with a toothbrush. You can help pointy-toed shoes maintain their shape longer by stuffing the toes when you are not wearing them and you should use scissors to trim any loose threads that start to poke out around the edges of your shoes.
6. They are too shiny.
Flat or patent leather looks great in black, white, and tan, but it can start to look really gross really quickly in saturated colors like cobalt blue, deep pink, and dark brown. This is especially true if it is faux leather, instead of the real thing, which is often the case when you are shopping on a budget. If you want your bold-colored shoe to look expensive, stick to suede. Suede holds color really well and faux suede looks almost exactly like the real thing—certainly much closer to it than faux leather looks to real leather.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.
HOW TO OVERCOME TRAUMA.
A store has been on the cards for a while. ‘It’s taken about two years,’ says Victoria. ‘We looked at a lot of different spaces but I fell in love with this one – it feels like my second home.’
The decor is a mix of graphic minimalism and welcoming touches – think raw polished concrete floors and an abundance of floor-to-ceiling mirrors. All the better for admiring yourself in her full catwalk collection, the (slightly) more affordable Victoria, Victoria Beckham sister line (or ‘VVB’ as she calls it), plus her handbags, debut collection of shoes and those sunglasses she is so often spotted wearing.
I don’t want people to feel frightened or scared to come in, While Victoria has joked ‘I’ll be behind the till, David will be on the door, with Brooklyn working as a Saturday boy’, we took this with a pinch of salt (the place would be mobbed!) But you can rest assured that it won’t be a snooty boutique and there won’t be any Pretty Woman moments.
‘I think we’ve all been into stores where we’ve been made to feel like we shouldn’t really be there,’ she says. ‘I don’t want people to feel frightened or scared to come in. The public have come on this journey with me and continue to be on this journey with me so I want them to feel welcome.’
Despite showing her collections as part of New York Fashion Week, there was never any doubt that Victoria’s first store would be in London. ‘I grew up in London, my family live in London and my kids go to school in London. I’m proud to be from here,’ she says.
There’s even a chance that she might leave the Big Apple to show during the next London Fashion Week. ‘The space definitely lends itself to it. I’m not sure if it’s big enough for a show but definitely a presentation,’ she says.
Rubbing shoulders with some of the biggest fashion houses in the world (Dover Street Market, Christian Louboutin and McQ are all glossy neighbors’), the new store feels like the final stamp of approval. ‘Yesterday I was standing in the window and I was looking out and I thought: “Wow, a store on Dover Street.” If someone had said to me five years ago that I’d be in this position, I wouldn’t have believed them.’
I found this amazing Vintage Rustic Butler’s Tray Coffee Table, i just love the rustic look, i did clean it and rubbed Murphy’s Oil on the table, but i do not want to add anything to it for now, i like this look especially since its FALL here in New England. My favorite time of year :)
*Here is how i decorated this amazing coffee table*
I love the Fall, it’s my favorite time of year. I know your probably saying to yourself but its still July and summer and this is true, but for me posting about fall fashion trends, speed up the process (even if it doesn’t LOL). Working at my fabulous job i can wear anything from a 3 piece suit to a Maxi dress and I like to change it up every day. Here are some of my favorite outfit ideas, what do you like?
Fun and Flirt brand via T.J. Maxx, Skirt Sheer Peach Maxi skirt via Burlington Coat Factory, Shoes Cream laced wedges. This is a fun and flirty ensemble, i love this top, great bright colors. Today was a great sermon, Pastor preached about “letting go and letting God, and forgiving those that offend us, even when we know we are right, still loving them”. Have a blessed and Happy Sabbath :)